Tuesday, October 22, 2013

AUDNZD Compression + Liquidity Spike Trade

Just want to share an interesting trade I just took on demo. It is based on compression followed by a liquidity spike, similar to the pattern I mentioned in a previous post.

AUDNZD M15
AUDNZD M1
I'm happy because the setup worked as expected, and a little peeved because I got stopped out by the 15 pip spread caused by NFP. Its cute when you see it on the charts huh? Price didn't even come close to my SL but I got stopped out. Thankfully its only on demo, really wonder what I could have done to avoided it though, probably nothing. It doesn't make sense to set a extra wide SL just to cater for news based spread widening.

Anyway, I've been going through a very reflective period, and some events have really led me to feel very blessed. Some conversations with Mark (http://www.thetradersguild.co.uk/) as well as deeper study of his material has really opened a whole understanding of what price action really is, what most traders (including myself) have got wrong in their approach to trading, and how much more there is for me to learn and practice. It is really humbling, and yet I feel so motivated and excited to learn more and get better at my price reading. So Mark if you're reading this, thanks a lot for everything, truly appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Try interactive brokers, its spread is super tight.
    When I used oanda, my trade was always killed by their 'spread widening'
    I'm doing better since switching to IB

    ReplyDelete
  2. fundamental analysis is essential to your trading success as it helps you to assess how economic and political indicators affect the market.

    ReplyDelete