Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Trading Plan

So I've been demoing like crazy past few days and to be honest, getting owned big time. I've been trying out the various styles of trading S/D and it is apparent that my knowledge is half baked and I'm not disciplined/picky enough. So after repeated failed trades and getting discouraged over and over again, I finally decided that I need to do something about this. We all know the common adage "He who fails to plan, plans to fail". I've been trading a lot on discretion and taking all sorts of zones and bars, as a result losing a lot of trades. I need a plan, rules to stick to, rules that'll help filter bad trades and prevent emotional trading.

There are many styles of trading S/D, and I'm only destroying my confidence by trying to master all of them at once and seeing my demo account's balance continually dip. I've decided to focus on one style for now. And I've decided to return to the thread where it all started, the Price Is Everything thread. The OP Redsword is legendary, and out of his sharing/teaching spawned numerous excellent traders. Studying the thread wasn't an easy task, considering the bits and pieces of information are everywhere and there are no fixed trading rules. It was vague at first, but after 70+ pages things are beginning to become clearer. I save the more descriptive charts from the thread and study them repeatedly, taking down notes whenever I learn something. I started noticing certain repeating patterns and things that Redsword looks out for. There are many gems of wisdom in the thread but they're everywhere. I'm determined to keep at it and try to uncover as much from it as possible.

Based on what I know so far, I've decided to come up with a preliminary trading plan and I shall be focusing on it for the coming weeks. No more touch trades, no more shotgun trading. I'll only take trades which fulfill the criteria in this plan and that should help filter away many bad trades and increase my confidence with time. What if I still fail? Well there is a positive aspect to that too. It means that I can add more things to my trading plan and further improve it. So here is my preliminary trading plan:

It is definitely not final but it should do for now. I shall not post example charts as the thread above has tonnes of it. Looking forward to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment